Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Why I started this web log

For some time, I have been wondering how best to deal with the gradual destruction of the historic old neighborhood in which I grew up. I've been working on putting together a documentary film, trying to start a historical society, and writing an essay/article. I decided that the quickest way to get the info out would be to start a blog in which I could post my article as I write it. Also, if there are others out there who want to contribute, this forum will allow them to do so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pru Jones said...

I'm trying to trace information about the fencing studio that used to be upstairs on 86th Street (next to the Loews movie theater)in the 1960's. The master was from the old world (perhaps Hungary) and I need a source of information for determining his identity-- any tidbit would be of help. Thanks!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home